Children Shall Lead Us
Once upon a time, a great leader said, “Whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will not enter it.”
– Mark 10:15
Jesus understood that the good qualities in little children represent the best in all of us. Young children love without hesitation, they dance and sing without feeling self-conscious, they help others without hidden agendas. They share their feelings and their truths without masking the imperfect, they create and imagine without fear of judgment, they dream and hope without limitation. Children forgive without holding a grudge, and they give without expecting something in return. And man, can they GIVE!
Recently a group of children showed us the way of God’s people in this world through many acts of kindness they accomplished together at Good Deeds Camp here at NorthPark.
- They made thank-you cookies for people they love and for the church staff.
- They donated 20 bags of clothing to the needy.
- They made “friendship fruit salad” to share with the family of a newborn baby.
- They made patriotic bracelets to send to troops overseas.
- They shared songs, cards, smiles, and games with elderly residents at The Forum.
- They made a blanket for the local fire department to give to a displaced child.
- They collected over $80 and 80 cans for the Vickery Meadow Food Pantry!
- They made blessing bags for the homeless.
- They read LOTS of great books about friendship, kindness, love, and peace.
- They achieved over 100 Acts of Kindness in just thee days to earn a popsicle party!
“Whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will not enter it.”
When we pause to learn from and follow the children, we might just find ourselves skipping joyfully in time, right into the Kingdom of God!